|  Add to Favorite   |  HOME  |  
  143B Orchard St New York, NY 10002 U.S.A.     GALLERY OPEN HOURS : Wednesday-Sunday, 11am to 6 pm     Able Fine Art NY Gallery      

ABOUT  
 ARTISTS 
 PRESS 
ABOUT

Solo Exhibition of  " Choi Hye jung "

“A depth of charity”

Solo Exhibition of  " Choi Hye jung "

Date: July 20 – August 2, 2016
Opening Reception: July 20, 2016 at 5:00 - 7:00pm

Seoul, Korea 

jj의 초상. 110x160. digital print.2016.jpg

jj의 초상

110cmx160cm

digital print

red book.13.5x19.5.198p.300부.2016.jpg

Red book

13.5cmx19.5cm

198p.300

thin client. single channel video.15min6sec.2016.jpg

Thin client.

Single channel video

15min6sec

조우.12.7x17.8x12pcs.2016.jpg

조우

12.7x17.8x12pcs

연정의 깊이. 連情

이번 사건의 실마리를 풀어나가면서 내가 경험하고 전달하고 이해하고 싶은 '사랑'이란 단어를 어떻게 표현해야 좋을까를 자주 망설였다. '사랑'은 너무 포괄적이며 '사랑'의 쓰임은 지나치게 국한적이다. '연정'은 이성간의 사랑이 먼저 떠오르고 '순정'은 여성성의 일반화인 듯 하여 민주적이지 못하다고 느껴졌다. love란 단어가 주는 여운 없음도 거슬렸고, linkage라는 단어의 기계적 소음도 불편했다. 결국 내가 찾아 낸 단어는 charity. 戀情이 아닌 連情. 나의 짧은 언어능력의 최선책이다.
구제와 긍휼, 선과 악, 죄와 벌, 연민, 기원과 애정, 속절없음. 다시금 나에게로의 이기와 회귀.....

본능적 사랑을 아닌척하며 드러내는 일이 단번에 될 리도 없다. 여전히 어렵기만 한-기만하는 '사랑'이 가 닿는 자리는 오직 한가지 '기원祈願과 위령慰靈'에 있다. 목표는 하나이고 목적은 다시 살아낼 힘을 스스로 만드는 재생에 있다. 재생이 어떻게 자생으로 자리잡을지에 대해서는 미리 짐작하지 말기로 한다. 서로의 몫.

귀향이란, 마음이 가 닿는 곳, 가슴 언저리가 시큰해지는 그 곳에 몸을 두는 것이 아닐까 한다.
저의 자리를 찾고자 하는 육체의 형태시들. 기억은 잔상으로 지금을 유영하며, 유영의 속도와 방향과 의미는 저마다의 책임일 것이다.

The depth of charity

While I was solving clues in this case, I have hesitated frequently as I did not exactly know how I express the word 'love', a word that I have experienced and want to deliver and understand. 'Love' is too comprehensive and the use of love is excessively limited. The word 'longing' reminds of love between the opposite sexes whereas 'pure love' felt like a generalization of femininity, which is why I felt the word undemocratic. The fact that the word love does not have lingering imagery got on my nerves and I was uncomfortable with the mechanical noise of linkage. Eventually, the word that I found was charity. It is not longing, but affection. The word is the best plan from my limited vocabulary.
Relief and compassion, good and evil, sin and punishment, compassion, pray and love, and hopelessness. Ego toward me and regression....

It would be hardly possible to reveal instinctive love at once pretending not to be love. Prayer and prayer for the dead is the only place that deceptive love, which is still hard, reaches to. There is only one goal and the objective is to generate will to live again (regeneration).
Let's not form a hasty conclusion as to how regeneration settles as autochthonism.
It depends on each other.

I think that returning home is like putting the body in a place that the heart arrives, a place that the back of your mind aches.
Figure poem of the body that tries to find its place. Memory swims now as afterimage and the speed, directions, and meaning of the swimming depends on each.

Contact us  |   HOME       ablefineart twitter   ablefineart facebook   ablefineart youtube
143B Orchard St New York, NY 10002 U.S.A. / Tel: 1-212-477-1188 / info@ablefineartny.com
Copyright ⓒ 2022 ABLE FINE ART NY. All rights reserved