|  Add to Favorite   |  HOME  |  
  143B Orchard St New York, NY 10002 U.S.A.     GALLERY OPEN HOURS : Tuesday - Saturday, 11am to 6 pm     ABLE FINE ART NY Gallery      

ABOUT  
 EXHIBITIONS 
 ART FAIR 
 ARTISTS 
 PRESS 
 EVENTS 
ARTISTS

BIOGRAPHY

Lorenzo Cascio

Lorenzo Cascio, sculptor and painter, was born in Sicily in 1940. He lives and works in Portofino.
He was a teacher of sculpture at the school of the Art until 1983. He figures in the most important
books of the year, encyclopedias and publications of national and foreign art.

He started very young as a ceramist in Sciacca, his native town, creating a school which brought
 back the ancient tradition of the ceramic art.

In 1991 Lorenzo Cascio created the magnificent bronze door for the church of St. George
in Portofino: “the Door of Salvation” which, in six high relief panels, represents the story of sin from
the beginning of the world to the present time on one side, and the story of redemption on the other.

In 1994 he worked at the bronze altar for the church dedicated to St. Anthony in Boccadasse,
Genova.

In 1995 he sculptured in eight high relief panels in golden bronze the door representing
“the Mountains of the Bible” for the church of Nozarego in Santa Margherita Ligure.

In year of 2002 he was called to realize the sculpture “L’ABBRACCIO” for the main square of
Montevago, Sicily. The artwork represents a warrior embracing his bride, thus symbolizing the
 fighting spirit which joins the men and women of Sicily who, through love and labour,  prepare
a better future in the respect of the family values.

In 2003 Lorenzo Cascio created “THE ARRIVAL”, a sculpture for the MUSEO DEI CAMPIONISSIMI
of Novi Ligure to place in the museum drive.

He used these words to describe his work:
“I imagined in my sculpture the cross of the finishing line of a group of eight champions.
I intended, through the sculptural dynamism, to pass on the climax of the race, the perfect
symbiosis of the man and his bicycle, which in the plastic representation become a whole.
I represented in my work the strength of the true champions who, with their sports sacrifice
left us a priceless moral heritage”.

Lorenzo Cascio in his career portrayed in bronze famous people of the cultural and artistic world ;
scientist, President of the Italian Republic Giovanni Leone (1965), painter Giorgio De Chirico (1973),
Albert Sabin (1987), Admiral Durand de la Penne (1993), Pope John Paul II (1998) during his visit
to the Curia of Chiavari and many others.

His works have been featured in many museums, artistic collections, and religious and public
buildings including Gallery of Modern Art de Luca, Belluno, Italy; Museo del Maggio Egubino,
Gubbio, Italy; Church of St. Giuseppe, Trapani, Italy; Foundation Card.Giacomo Lercaro, Bologna,
Italy; Museo di Crema e del Cremasco; Museo de Almonte, Spain; Collection Tsavrilis, London, UK;Collection Cito Hito, Osaka, Japan; Collection Neiman Marcus, Dallas, US; Collection V.
Zimmerman, Luzern, Switzerland; Collection Nino Soldano, Milan, Italy; Church of St.Anthony,
Boccadasse, Genova, Italy; Gonzaga University Museum, Spokane, US; Museo del Parco di
Portofino, Italy; Museo della Scultura all’aperto Associazione “IL GUFO”, Piovera, Italy;
Museo dei Campionissimi Novi Ligure, Italy; Piazza Ammiraglio Gravina, Montevago, Italy.

Contact us  |   HOME       ablefineart twitter   ablefineart facebook   ablefineart youtube
143B Orchard St New York, NY 10002 U.S.A. / Tel: 1-212-477-1188 / info@ablefineartny.com
Copyright ⓒ 2010 ABLE FINE ART NY. All rights reserved